5 Signs It's Time for a New Website Design
Does your website design fall short compared to your competitors’?
Are you struggling to increase leads, or reach important business goals?
Do you want to modernize your website and attract new customers?
According to Stanford University, “75% of people judge the credibility of a company based on the design of its website.” You could be losing out on leads based on your color scheme, photos, functionality and overall design!
How can you tell when it’s time to start thinking about a redesign?
Here are some signs your website might need a facelift:
- Your search engine rankings are low – Search engine algorithms change all the time, so if you don’t update your website, you could be left in the dust! Having original, high-quality optimized content (including the source code) is key.
- Your visitors aren’t sticking around – If you have a high bounce rate or low time on page, those are pretty clear indicators that visitors don’t find your site useful for some reason. Keep your audience in mind when you design a website so it not only looks great, but is functional and engaging too!
- Your website is in Flash – Are you still using Flash? That’s a big negative for your website! Not only is Flash not supported on iPads and iPhones, but search engines typically can’t read Flash either. Many users are prompted to install a plug-in when they encounter Flash, which can detract from the overall user experience.
- Your site doesn’t work well on mobile – If your site doesn’t support mobile users, you’re in trouble. Google has started penalizing websites that aren’t compatible with mobile phones and tablets, and users are doing more than half their local searches on mobile devices.
- It just looks outdated – Web design trends change rapidly, and you should ideally think about changing your website design every 2-3 years to keep it fresh and effective. Clean, easy navigation and simple color schemes will make your website more user-friendly and seem more professional.
If you want to improve your website design, ask for an outside opinion! Getting feedback from a customer can make a huge difference when you’re trying to improve the look and feel of your website.
If you’d like help thinking about how to achieve a stylish, professional, and functional website, call Michigan SEO Group! We’ll have a conversation with you about your goals for your business, and evaluate your website to give you feedback on how it could be improved or upgraded.
We can help you with website design, SEO, blogging, and more! Contact us today to get started!